Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

How much performance has each F1 team gained over 2026?

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
How much performance has each F1 team gained over 2026?

BTCC race winner Lloyd replaces Dorlin at Restart Racing

BTCC
Donington Park (Grand Prix Circuit)
BTCC race winner Lloyd replaces Dorlin at Restart Racing

Champion rally driver Fiorio dies aged 61

WRC
Champion rally driver Fiorio dies aged 61

Switch off or ramp up? How the smartest F1 drivers managed the summer break

Feature
Formula 1
Switch off or ramp up? How the smartest F1 drivers managed the summer break

Ford reveals new LMDh car on track at Paul Ricard

WEC
Ford reveals new LMDh car on track at Paul Ricard

Worm's Eye View is Polley's triple Formula Vee winning perspective at Silverstone

National
Worm's Eye View is Polley's triple Formula Vee winning perspective at Silverstone

Dickens defeats the Bentleys after intriguing Silverstone Allcomers tale

National
Dickens defeats the Bentleys after intriguing Silverstone Allcomers tale

The team orders debacle that made for a controversial Formula E title decider

Feature
Formula E
London ePrix II
The team orders debacle that made for a controversial Formula E title decider

Judge Refuses Jordan's Request to Drop Case

Jordan Grand Prix were not able to drop their legal case against Vodafone today, after a High Court judge refused their request for a discontinuation.

Jordan Grand Prix were not able to drop their legal case against Vodafone today, after a High Court judge refused their request for a discontinuation.

Jordan appeared in London's High Court today, where Mr. Justice Langley was scheduled to give his judgement in the case of Jordan versus Vodafone. However, Jordan's lawyer submitted a request for discontinuation of the proceedings, effectively asking to drop the case altogether. Jordan had further made an announcement to the press, that the team decided to withdraw the case altogether.

Mr. Justice Langley, however, denied Jordan's request stating he had already reached a decision and said it was in the interest of the public that a judgement be made available in this case. The judge said "serious allegations" were made by Jordan in their case against Vodafone, both against the company and officers of the company, and it would therefore be appropriate at this point in time to provide judgement.

Jordan lawyers then requested to appeal the judge's rejection so they would be able to drop the case and avoid judgement. Mr. Justice Langley gave Jordan until Monday next week at 4:00pm to find a judge who would accept their appeal. If they fail to do so by that time, he will submit his judgement.

Jordan sued Vodafone for 150 million UK pounds, claiming the mobile phones company had verbally committed to sponsor the team. Vodafone rejected these allegations.

Previous article Stoddart: Wilson Performance 'Absolutely Fantastic'
Next article Analysis: Jordan in Race Against Time to Stop Verdict

Top Comments

Latest news