Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

BTCC race winner Lloyd replaces Dorlin at Restart Racing

BTCC
Donington Park (Grand Prix Circuit)
BTCC race winner Lloyd replaces Dorlin at Restart Racing

Champion rally driver Fiorio dies aged 61

WRC
Champion rally driver Fiorio dies aged 61

Switch off or ramp up? How the smartest F1 drivers managed the summer break

Feature
Formula 1
Switch off or ramp up? How the smartest F1 drivers managed the summer break

Ford reveals new LMDh car on track at Paul Ricard

WEC
Ford reveals new LMDh car on track at Paul Ricard

Worm's Eye View is Polley's triple Formula Vee winning perspective at Silverstone

National
Worm's Eye View is Polley's triple Formula Vee winning perspective at Silverstone

Dickens defeats the Bentleys after intriguing Silverstone Allcomers tale

National
Dickens defeats the Bentleys after intriguing Silverstone Allcomers tale

The team orders debacle that made for a controversial Formula E title decider

Feature
Formula E
London ePrix II
The team orders debacle that made for a controversial Formula E title decider

Why Honda's F1 project looks completely different from its Red Bull years

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why Honda's F1 project looks completely different from its Red Bull years

Jos remains in Jordan frame

Jos Verstappen is still a candidate for the vacant second seat at Jordan, team principal Eddie Jordan has told AUTOSPORT this morning (Wednesday)

The 31-year-old Dutchman has substantial backing from Trust, a computer company, but he's in a weak bargaining position as the second Jordan seat is the last in F1.

During a break from overseeing testing of Jordan's new EJ14 chassis at Silverstone, Jordan told AUTOSPORT: "We are talking to a number of drivers, and Jos is one of them. Trust and I have discussed the issues and we know what we want to do. We'll announce a decision when we are ready. It is clear that the seat is still available to him."

Verstappen was in a negative frame of mind over the seat last week, however, saying: "It makes no sense to carry on with the negotiations. We cut the talks with the full support of my sponsors."

Trust logos are back on the new Jordan today, and all Eddie would say about the on/off saga of the car running in its branding was "a story for another day".

He did confirm, however, that both Ralph Firman and Allan McNish remained in contention for the berth.

"We're speaking to Ralph all the time," said Jordan. "He's a high quality driver, someone I'd like to find a way into the team either in a testing or racing role."

Previous article Massa Under Observation after Crash
Next article Unhurt Massa Set to Leave Hospital

Top Comments

Latest news