Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

BTCC race winner Lloyd replaces Dorlin at Restart Racing

BTCC
Donington Park (Grand Prix Circuit)
BTCC race winner Lloyd replaces Dorlin at Restart Racing

Champion rally driver Fiorio dies aged 61

WRC
Champion rally driver Fiorio dies aged 61

Switch off or ramp up? How the smartest F1 drivers managed the summer break

Feature
Formula 1
Switch off or ramp up? How the smartest F1 drivers managed the summer break

Ford reveals new LMDh car on track at Paul Ricard

WEC
Ford reveals new LMDh car on track at Paul Ricard

Worm's Eye View is Polley's triple Formula Vee winning perspective at Silverstone

National
Worm's Eye View is Polley's triple Formula Vee winning perspective at Silverstone

Dickens defeats the Bentleys after intriguing Silverstone Allcomers tale

National
Dickens defeats the Bentleys after intriguing Silverstone Allcomers tale

The team orders debacle that made for a controversial Formula E title decider

Feature
Formula E
London ePrix II
The team orders debacle that made for a controversial Formula E title decider

Why Honda's F1 project looks completely different from its Red Bull years

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why Honda's F1 project looks completely different from its Red Bull years

Jordan: Team's Future is Secure

Team owner Eddie Jordan says he has no regrets about his abandoned court-case against Ferrari sponsors Vodafone - and claims his team will be on the grid for many years to come.

Team owner Eddie Jordan says he has no regrets about his abandoned court-case against Ferrari sponsors Vodafone - and claims his team will be on the grid for many years to come.

Jordan conceded on Friday that Jordan had lost their £150 million (pounds) claim against Vodafone and admitted the decision had hit team morale severely ahead of Sunday's German Grand Prix.

But while Jordan now faces legal costs of as much as £3 million (pounds) for a court case he now admits he regrets initiating, Jordan claims his team will not be affected.

"It is quite simple," said Jordan. "We lost. We realised we had lost and, of course, I regret that very much. We believed in our case and we were wrong. But we are not in danger, we are not giving up and we are going to move on.

"The future of the team is secure and it is not up for sale. We are going to close the door on this and move on."

Sources close to the team made it clear that the case, in which Jordan claimed that Vodafone had reneged on a verbal agreement to sponsor their team two years ago, would not be paid for out of the team's cash-flow, but from previously reserved resources set aside for such an eventuality.

Previous article Schumacher Slump Extended to Home Circuit
Next article Wilson Still Thrilled Despite Poor Qualifying

Top Comments

Latest news