Former Formula 1 drivers Nick Heidfeld and Stephane Sarrazin will race for the Venturi Grand Prix team in the inaugural Formula E championship.
Heidfeld had already tested with the team during the shakedown that took place at Donington earlier this month.
The German, currently competing in the World Endurance Championship with Rebellion Racing, returns to single-seaters for the first time since he was left without a Formula 1 drive for the start of the 2012 season.
"It feels really special to be part of a starting project that is going to bring a lot to the future of racing and the automobile," said Heidfeld.
"When you've been involved in driving and motorsport at a high level for such a long time, you step into a car and automatically start to compare to what you've experienced before.
"I will try to bring some ideas of what I've seen and experienced to help the team perform at the highest level.
"The team will work as one to find solutions: that's what I like, to move forward."
Frenchman Sarrazin, who has one grand prix start to his name with Minardi in 1999, is also competing in the WEC with Toyota, his car having secured pole position for this year's Le Mans 24 Hours.
"Being a part of this new championship is amazing," he said.
"I am excited and motivated to sit in a totally new car with pioneering technology and to undertake a new discipline."
Venturi was the 10th and final team to secure an entry for Formula E. The squad is co-owned by Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio.
The Formula E season kicks off in Beijing on September 13.
Drivers confirmed so far:
Audi Sport Abt
Lucas di Grassi/Daniel Abt
Jaime Alguersuari/Sam Bird
Bruno Senna/Karun Chandhok
Venturi Grand Prix
Nick Heidfeld/Stephane Sarrazin