Schumacher 'Not too Worried' ahead of Race
World Champion Michael Schumacher refused to be downcast on Saturday despite being denied a front row grid position for Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix.
World Champion Michael Schumacher refused to be downcast on Saturday despite being denied a front row grid position for Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix.
Schumacher has won five of the six races this season including the last four but he will start the race in Monte Carlo behind Williams' Juan Pablo Montoya and McLaren's David Coulthard.
The German, however, refused to accept that his run of wins will come to an end in the Monaco race, but did admit that his dominance is unlikely to continue throughout the season.
"At the end of the day we have probably been a bit behind all weekend," Schumacher said. "Obviously at the top there are quite a few Michelin tyres where as there are normally a few Bridgestones there.
"It is the nature of the situation and we have said many times that it will not continue as it has for the past few races and it has happened. That is what we have to face, but we are not too worried because we are not too far off. We are in third place and we have a long race ahead of us."
Schumacher admitted in the post-qualifying press conference that he had been troubled because of something in his eye during the second part of the session.
He added: "I picked something up (in my eye) the second time I went out and I haven't got it out yet."
Share Or Save This Story
Subscribe and access Autosport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
Top Comments