Lotus driver Romain Grosjean is in favour of next year's Formula 1 calendar being more condensed thanks to a later start than usual.
The 2016 season will feature a record-breaking 21 races over just eight months, starting on April 3 in Australia and running through to Abu Dhabi on November 27.
While the move has extended the time between the final race this season and the start of the next campaign, it has also squeezed the summer break down from four weeks to three.
That would prevent the teams from having their two-week shutdown, which has provided a welcome relief to the considerable strain on race-attending staff, but it would allow for a greater break pre-season.
"To be fair, this year felt quite long," said Grosjean. "Next year is shorter, though I haven't seen the calendar.
"It's fine, I was getting bored. I would rather a season and then some break and I think this winter is going to be quite good.
"We finish in December and we're going to restart with the race in April and testing in early March.
"That gives you December, January and February off.
"There is not a lot of work where you can find three months off."
Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley said last week that it is "absolutely critical for Formula 1 we keep the integrity of the summer break and shutdown".
Meanwhile, his Williams counterpart Claire Williams admitted "it's so important for everybody within Formula 1 they have that break, so we'll be lobbying to reinstate it."
The subject of the summer break is expected to be discussed at the next Strategy Group meeting, which takes place on Monday.