The DTM has dropped the Shanghai street race from its calendar for this year, meaning Hockenheim will once again host the season finale.
Last year the Chinese track became the first venue other than Hockenheim to host a final round since the DTM was reborn in 2000.
It was originally set to keep its place at the end of the season a decision that was unpopular with many fans and drivers when the 2011 schedule was initially revealed.
The race was scheduled to take place on November 6 this year, but a statement from the DTM said: "The motorsport authorities didn't grant permission for the race to take place on the originally scheduled date of November 6th due to a date clash with the World Touring Car Championship [at Guangdong] in China."
Hans Werner Aufrecht, boss of series promoter ITR, added that the series plans to return to China in 2012.
"The cancellation of the Shanghai race is regrettable, but due to the given situation, it can't be changed for 2011," he said. "However, I am certain that this is not the end of our plans in Asia for the near future.
"Together with the car manufacturers and [Shanghai race promoter] the BCG, we are putting our effort into having a race in China again from 2012."
Last year's Shanghai race was the DTM's second ever event to take place in China, after it also hosted a non-championship race on a different street layout in the same city in 2004.
McLaren Formula 1 test driver Gary Paffett won both races, while current Force India F1 driver Paul di Resta sealed the DTM title in Shanghai last November.