Mattias Ekstrom's EKS World Rallycross team will return to the series this year after signing Hungarian driver Krisztian Szabo.
Ekstrom's team announced in December that it wouldn't continue in World RX in 2019, but will now run a 2018-specification Audi S1 for Szabo in the 10-round campaign as EKS Sport.
The squad won both the World RX drivers' and teams' titles in 2016 before securing works Audi support, but initially departed the series after Audi withdrew its backing before the end of the 2018 season.
A two-time European Rallycross Super1600 title-winner with Volland Racing, Szabo graduated to Supercar last year with EKS for two rounds of the European series and finished second on his debut in France, driving a year-old S1.
"I wanted to work together with Krisz this season because his results were quite promising last year and I predict a bright future for him," said Ekstrom.
"The World RX field has changed for 2019 and I think Krisz has a big chance to be one of the best and win many races.
"This is why I suggested that he races in the World Championship instead of the European Championship. I will help him as the team leader, I still have vivid memories from last year and I believe it will be useful for the team."
The squad will begin testing ahead of the Abu Dhabi season-opener imminently.
"Since the beginning of my career, I have been dreaming about racing in the World Championship." Szabo said.
"I want to win the championship. I have one of the best teams and cars behind me. My ultimate goal is to win the world championship and to finish in the top three in as many races as I can. This is a 'now or never' opportunity."
The deadline for permanent entries to World RX 2019 closed on Friday (March 1), with the full entry list expected to be published in the next week.
Szabo joins Munnich Motorsport's Timo Scheider, STARD's Janis Baumanis, Xite Racing's Oliver Bennett and GRX Taneco pair Niclas Gronholm and Timur Timerzyanov as confirmed 2019 entries.