Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Super Formula Suzuka: Fenestraz wins chaotic opening race

Super Formula
Suzuka
Super Formula Suzuka: Fenestraz wins chaotic opening race

Who qualifies for ADUO? Red Bull shares its F1 power unit pecking order

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Who qualifies for ADUO? Red Bull shares its F1 power unit pecking order

The details in Mercedes' Montreal F1 updates

Feature
Formula 1
Canadian GP
The details in Mercedes' Montreal F1 updates

Supercars Symmons Plains: Toyota pair Mostert and Heimgartner share wins

Supercars
Tasmania Super 440
Supercars Symmons Plains: Toyota pair Mostert and Heimgartner share wins

“A serious matter” – why the FIA hit Racing Bulls with a €30,000 fine when Lawson stopped on track

Formula 1
Canadian GP
“A serious matter” – why the FIA hit Racing Bulls with a €30,000 fine when Lawson stopped on track

F1 Canadian GP: Russell defeats Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 Canadian GP: Russell defeats Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

Red Bull F1 team boss: "No intention behind" public meeting between Verstappen and Wolff

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Red Bull F1 team boss: "No intention behind" public meeting between Verstappen and Wolff

LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Russell takes sprint pole ahead of Antonelli

Formula 1
Canadian GP
LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Russell takes sprint pole ahead of Antonelli

Heidfeld: I did all I could

Nick Heidfeld is still refusing to take anything for granted about his chances of landing the second Williams seat next year, despite ending his final day of testing prior to the team's driver announcement with the quickest time overall

The German ace, who edged out rival Antonio Pizzonia by three tenths of a second on Wednesday after a morning shoot-out in Valencia, is unlikely to find out the team's final decision about its driver plans until just before Williams' 2005 car launch on Monday.

But speaking to autosport.com after wrapping up his testing programme for now, Heidfeld said he was pleased with the job he had done for the team - which was only marred by a few minor technical issues.

"I am quite happy with what I have done for the team," he said. "I fact, I am happy with all the tests I have done since Jerez last year. I did all I could and now it is just a question of waiting."

When asked when he was expecting to find out from Williams about whether it had picked him or Pizzonia to be Mark Webber's team-mate, Heidfeld said: "I don't know. I will just wait."

It is believed that Williams technical director Sam Michael will make a presentation to team owners Frank Williams and Patrick Head over the weekend regarding Heidfeld and Pizzonia, taking into account all the tests the pair have conducted for the team before a final decision is made about who gets the race seat.

Previous article Valencia 2: Nick wins 'shoot-out'
Next article Heidfeld on Top at Valencia - Day Two

Top Comments

Latest news