Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

How GM tech accelerated Cadillac's F1 entry

Formula 1
Canadian GP
How GM tech accelerated Cadillac's F1 entry

MotoGP chief defends officiating of Catalan GP

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP chief defends officiating of Catalan GP

The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

Feature
Formula 1
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

How Aprilia's Barcelona collapse showed the pressures of leading MotoGP's title race

Feature
MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
How Aprilia's Barcelona collapse showed the pressures of leading MotoGP's title race

Title-winning BTCC Peugeot and Harvey in an MG among Touring Car Rewind: North highlights

National
Title-winning BTCC Peugeot and Harvey in an MG among Touring Car Rewind: North highlights

MotoGP Barcelona test: Acosta fastest as rain curtails running early

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP Barcelona test: Acosta fastest as rain curtails running early

Why this year's Indy 500 isn't as straightforward to call as you might expect

Feature
IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Why this year's Indy 500 isn't as straightforward to call as you might expect

Will Mercedes or McLaren land the next punch at F1's Canadian GP?

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Will Mercedes or McLaren land the next punch at F1's Canadian GP?

McLaren Drivers to Miss Mosley Meeting

McLaren drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Juan Pablo Montoya have both confirmed they will not be attending next month's drivers' meeting with FIA president Max Mosley

The FIA said on Wednesday that the meeting to discuss safety, scheduled for Cannes on August 1st, would definitely take place now that 12 of the 20 drivers on the grid have confirmed their attendance.

Although the identity of the eight drivers who are set to miss the meeting has not been divulged by the FIA, both Raikkonen and Montoya have told Autosport-Atlas that they will be among the no-showers.

Montoya said: "I support the objective totally and I support the concept of a meeting, but I had already planned to go on holiday in Colombia so I cannot go."

Montoya went on to say that he believed it would have been better to have had the meeting at its original scheduled slot on the Friday of the British Grand Prix.

That date was cancelled by Mosley, who felt the event would turn into a media circus after Grand Prix Drivers' Association director David Coulthard was openly critical of Formula One's regulations.

Although Montoya has expressed some regret about not being able to attend the meeting, teammate Raikkonen was less concerned.

When asked by Autosport-Atlas whether he was going, he said: "No. I am not interested. I am going on holiday."

Previous article Pitchforth Ready for Motorsport Return
Next article Michelin Wants Less, Bridgestone More

Top Comments

Latest news