Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

DTM Zandvoort: Cairoli takes maiden win as Auer grabs championship lead

DTM
Zandvoort
DTM Zandvoort: Cairoli takes maiden win as Auer grabs championship lead

Why Aston Martin hasn’t updated its F1 car since March

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Why Aston Martin hasn’t updated its F1 car since March

BTCC Snetterton: Cammish fastest from Ingram in hot conditions

BTCC
Snetterton (300 Circuit)
BTCC Snetterton: Cammish fastest from Ingram in hot conditions

Norris points out a key problem with F1 2026's energy management demands

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Norris points out a key problem with F1 2026's energy management demands

Can anyone stop Reddick from lifting the NASCAR Cup title?

Feature
NASCAR Cup
Can anyone stop Reddick from lifting the NASCAR Cup title?

Super Formula Suzuka: Fenestraz wins chaotic opening race

Super Formula
Suzuka
Super Formula Suzuka: Fenestraz wins chaotic opening race

Who qualifies for ADUO? Red Bull shares its F1 power unit pecking order

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Who qualifies for ADUO? Red Bull shares its F1 power unit pecking order

The details in Mercedes' Montreal F1 updates

Feature
Formula 1
Canadian GP
The details in Mercedes' Montreal F1 updates

Marques may claim MF1 third driver role

Former Grand Prix driver Tarso Marques' recent claims that he was close to making a surprise return to Formula One may now not seem so strange after the Brazilian revealed on Saturday he is on the verge of a third-driver deal with MF1

With signed driver Nicky Pastorelli's hopes of taking that role on hold after a personal sponsor backed out of his support, MF1 are now considering their options for 2006.

And with the team evaluating a number of drivers at Jerez this week, including Fabrizio del Monte today, Marques claims he has now been approached about a deal.

Speaking to Brazilian website, Grande Premio, Marques said: "We are sorting out the contract and we must wait some time. I wasn't expecting it, but they called me and asked me if I wanted the seat.

"I'm now standing by - I wish things could be resolved quickly so I could test at Jerez."

MF1's sporting director Johnny Herbert told autosport.com earlier in the week that the team had not yet made their mind up about who their third driver would be - and claimed that Pastorelli was not yet completely out of the picture.

"We are now currently carrying out an evaluation process for the third driver," Herbert told autosport.com.

"We are definitely running a third car and some of the drivers here are part of the process. Nicky is also part of the process as he is trying to get his financial side sorted out."

Previous article De la Rosa sets Jerez pace
Next article Alonso, Renault get their trophies

Top Comments

Latest news