Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Can anyone stop Reddick from lifting the NASCAR Cup title?

Feature
NASCAR Cup
Can anyone stop Reddick from lifting the NASCAR Cup title?

Super Formula Suzuka: Fenestraz wins chaotic opening race

Super Formula
Suzuka
Super Formula Suzuka: Fenestraz wins chaotic opening race

Who qualifies for ADUO? Red Bull shares its F1 power unit pecking order

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Who qualifies for ADUO? Red Bull shares its F1 power unit pecking order

The details in Mercedes' Montreal F1 updates

Feature
Formula 1
Canadian GP
The details in Mercedes' Montreal F1 updates

Supercars Symmons Plains: Toyota pair Mostert and Heimgartner share wins

Supercars
Tasmania Super 440
Supercars Symmons Plains: Toyota pair Mostert and Heimgartner share wins

“A serious matter” – why the FIA hit Racing Bulls with a €30,000 fine when Lawson stopped on track

Formula 1
Canadian GP
“A serious matter” – why the FIA hit Racing Bulls with a €30,000 fine when Lawson stopped on track

F1 Canadian GP: Russell defeats Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 Canadian GP: Russell defeats Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Russell takes sprint pole ahead of Antonelli

Formula 1
Canadian GP
LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Russell takes sprint pole ahead of Antonelli

Di Montezemolo Rejects Job in Italian Government

Luca di Montezemolo, the president of Italian carmaker and Formula One team Ferrari, said on Tuesday he had declined to become a minister in the next government of centre-right leader Silvio Berlusconi.

Luca di Montezemolo, the president of Italian carmaker and Formula One team Ferrari, said on Tuesday he had declined to become a minister in the next government of centre-right leader Silvio Berlusconi.

Speaking from Ferrari's headquarters in Maranello, Montezemolo said he had ruled himself out of contention for a ministerial post due to other commitments.

"Today, I spoke with Silvio Berlusconi and I informed him of all the heartfelt requests coming first and foremost from the people at Ferrari and from so many of its supporters, as well as the invitation from a major part of the media who have proposed that I should make myself available to lead the Editors Federation, as my name was today put forward by the Presidential Committee of the FIEG," Montezemolo said.

"Silvio Berlusconi has understood and appreciated the relevance of such reasons, which mean I am unable to follow up the intention of being part of his government."

Berlusconi, who won Sunday's general election, said last week he expected Montezemolo to play a role in his administration.

Previous article Ferrari has too much power, says Head
Next article Jordan MD calls for sense on winter testing furore

Top Comments