Felipe Massa says that he is not concerned by the fact that Mark Webber held talks with Ferrari before deciding to extend his contract at Red Bull for 2013.
Webber admitted after his 2013 deal was confirmed that he had spoken to Ferrari, which highlighted the fact that the Italian team is considering replacing Massa.
But the Brazilian told reporters in the Hockenheim paddock on Thursday that Webber's admission has had no effect on him.
"No, definitely not," Massa said when asked if Webber's comments were unsettling. "I'm sure not just Mark, but many drivers talk to Ferrari.
"I'm sure more than 50 drivers call Ferrari. It is a big team, and most of the drivers would love to drive for Ferrari. So nothing is a problem for me.
"The only thing that is a problem for me is to think about my results. That is the only thing I care about, not talks. Talks don't do anything for me. The result is what is really important."
Massa added that he feels he can take control of his destiny in Formula 1 beyond this year if he can continue to turn his form around and start scoring regular good results.
"[Strong finishes] are the key for my future," he said. "When you have the results, you are always more important.
"It is better when you have some years on your contract so it's something you don't have to think about. But it is part of our job.
"The time will always arrive where it is the last year of your contract, and you have to think forward and think about next year.
"You always have pressure when you are in a big team, with or without a contract [for the following season]. This is part of working here, so I don't think about it."