Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

How GM tech accelerated Cadillac's F1 entry

Formula 1
Canadian GP
How GM tech accelerated Cadillac's F1 entry

MotoGP chief defends officiating of Catalan GP

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP chief defends officiating of Catalan GP

The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

Feature
Formula 1
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

How Aprilia's Barcelona collapse showed the pressures of leading MotoGP's title race

Feature
MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
How Aprilia's Barcelona collapse showed the pressures of leading MotoGP's title race

Title-winning BTCC Peugeot and Harvey in an MG among Touring Car Rewind: North highlights

National
Title-winning BTCC Peugeot and Harvey in an MG among Touring Car Rewind: North highlights

MotoGP Barcelona test: Acosta fastest as rain curtails running early

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP Barcelona test: Acosta fastest as rain curtails running early

Why this year's Indy 500 isn't as straightforward to call as you might expect

Feature
IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Why this year's Indy 500 isn't as straightforward to call as you might expect

Will Mercedes or McLaren land the next punch at F1's Canadian GP?

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Will Mercedes or McLaren land the next punch at F1's Canadian GP?

Ducati says Pramac hasn’t confirmed its 2025 MotoGP deal yet

Ducati sporting director Mauro Grassilli says Pramac has not given written confirmation that it will continue with the Italian MotoGP manufacturer in 2025.

Jorge Martin, Pramac Racing

On Friday at the Italian Grand Prix, Pramac team boss Gino Borsoi told DAZN that his squad will be the only satellite structure with factory Ducatis in 2025.

This comes after Marc Marquez, who looks like he will be passed over in favour of Jorge Martin for the factory team Ducati seat, told the media on Thursday that racing for Pramac in 2025 is “not an option”.

As it stands, if Pramac activates its contract with Ducati for 2025 it will have exclusive factory support for the next two years.

For Marquez, staying at Ducati hinges on moving to the factory team or staying at Gresini with a factory bike, otherwise he may switch manufacturer altogether – with an offer on the table from KTM a possibility.

Speaking to motogp.com on Saturday morning, Grassilli is happy to hear Borsoi wants to continue with Ducati amid rumours it could switch to Yamaha, but says nothing has been officially confirmed.

“As I told you before, we’ve worked a lot from the beginning of the season to have Pramac for the next two years,” he said.

“Of course we are very happy for what Gino said yesterday. We have not yet had the confirmation written, we are looking forward to having it as soon as possible.”

Gino Borsoi, Pramac Racing

Gino Borsoi, Pramac Racing

Photo by: Gold and Goose / Motorsport Images

Grassilli did not rule out the possibility of there being five GP25s on the grid in 2025, with Marquez getting the fifth at Gresini, but says it’s not an option the time being.

“I will answer you at the end of the year, because honestly speaking we want to concentrate on this race, this weekend. We don’t know yet, honestly speaking,” he added.

“In this moment, it is not on the table this option.”

Ducati told Autosport earlier this week that it would not make its announcement on its final factory team line-up for 2025 at Mugello.

However, Gazzetta dello Sport reported on Thursday that Ducati’s decision had been made and 2023 runner-up and current championship leader Martin will step up.

Watch: Magic Mugello's iconic moments! | 2024 #ItalianGP

Previous article Marc Marquez “was looking for” current MotoGP rider market buzz
Next article MotoGP Italian GP: Martin takes pole, Marc Marquez fourth after crash

Top Comments

Latest news