NASCAR star Kurt Busch is still considering entering the Indianapolis 500 for the second time in his career in the event's 100th running this year.
Busch finished the 2014 edition of the IndyCar showpiece as rookie of the year, taking sixth place with Andretti Autosport, and he admitted he has talked with Michael Andretti about contesting the race again.
"I have not talked to Michael lately but we have talked," said Busch, the 2004 Cup champion.
"There isn't as much gas on the fire as there was in 2014 to do the race but the 100th Indianapolis 500 will be special.
"To be part of that with everybody in that 100th running will be great.
"I don't really have a drop-dead deadline on when to make a decision.
"May 1 would be too late to put a deal together but we put our deal in 2014 together in late March of that year so there is still time."
Busch bounced back from a NASCAR suspension to finish eighth in the Cup standings last year, and he said the commitment shown by his Stewart-Haas team during that tough time plays on his mind regarding a possible Indy 500 entry.
"I would really love to do it again but I really have a lot of love for Tony Gibson [his crew chief] and the amount of focus that 2015 gave to me in the stock car and I don't want to take any of that away," he said.
"I just felt like the rug was wiped from underneath me [when he was suspended].
"We have so much motivation in all directions to be successful - now we have to go out there and do it.
"Over the years I've been somewhat conservative at the Daytona 500.
"This year, I'm not worried about the points, I'm worried about one thing, and that's getting the trophy for the Daytona 500."