Carpentier confident for Texas return
Canadian Champ Car star Patrick Carpentier is determined to not let a broken wrist keep him out of the next race, at the Texas Motor Speedway on April 29.
Carpentier suffered the injury when his Player's/Forsythe Reynard-Ford collided with the car of Max Papis during the Long Beach Grand Prix.
"I'm still lucky in my misfortune because it's not a fracture that takes a long time to heal," said Carpentier. "I don¹t want to come back too soon but, ironically, my wrist is definitely more solid now than it was before the accident. That's why I don¹t foresee any problem."
Carpentier broke the same wrist in a domestic accident last year and missed three races.
Surgeon Dr. Terry Trammell operated on Carpentier's wrist on Tuesday.
"The surgery, which lasted two hours and a quarter, was a complete success, but with nine new screws and two metal plates in my wrist, it seems like I'm coming back from the hardware store instead of the clinic," Carpentier said.
"Even though Dr. Trammell didn't want to confirm right away that I would be able to race in Texas, he told me that he would be very surprised if I had to miss the race."
Share Or Save This Story
Subscribe and access Autosport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
Top Comments