Federico Leo will remain with Formula Renault 3.5 team Pons Racing for a second season in 2010
The 21-year-old Italian struggled during his debut season in 2009 but scored his first points in the Aragon finale.
"I'm very pleased that I'm continuing with such a high-calibre team in World Series," he said. "I expect my improvement to continue and hope that by growing as a driver I will be able to obtain some good results.
"I found last season to be very positive and this year I want to deliver on my potential."
Although Pons won four Formula Renault 3.5 races last season with Spaniard Marcos Martinez, the inaugural year of FR3.5, in 2005, when Adrian Valles finished runner-up to Robert Kubica, remains the Spanish outfit's strongest showing.
Team boss Sito Pons expressed his conviction that Leo has all the necessary attributes for a competitive season.
"Federico is a very intelligent young driver, who has shown constant progress," said Pons. "I am convinced that this year he will make a leap in quality and confirm our faith in him."
The 2010 Formula Renault 3.5 season gets underway at Motorland Aragon on April 17-18.
The 2015 Formula Renault 3.5 season will be notable for being the last with the French company's backing but also produced a worthy champion in Oliver Rowland. PETER MILLS evaluates this year's crop of drivers
Last year's field was extraordinary and hard to match, but the Formula Renault 3.5 grid will still have plenty of talent this season. Glenn Freeman runs through the field ahead of this weekend's season opener
Landing the Fortec seat that took rising star Robin Frijns to the 2012 FR3.5 title was already a good sign for Stoffel Vandoorne. Then McLaren took him under its wing. Peter Mills tells Vandoorne's story so far