Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Why Sainz believes F1 and FIA must be "tough" on 2027 changes

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Why Sainz believes F1 and FIA must be "tough" on 2027 changes

Hamilton "still motivated" and "100% clear" he will stay at Ferrari in 2027

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Hamilton "still motivated" and "100% clear" he will stay at Ferrari in 2027

It’s not overtaking, it’s “avoiding action" - why Alonso says F1 lost a full decade of “pure racing”

Formula 1
Canadian GP
It’s not overtaking, it’s “avoiding action" - why Alonso says F1 lost a full decade of “pure racing”

Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Behind the scenes at Pirelli: The hidden factors that go into developing F1 tyres

Feature
Formula 1
Behind the scenes at Pirelli: The hidden factors that go into developing F1 tyres

Will Stevens secures Manor Formula 1 race seat

Will Stevens has agreed a 2015 Formula 1 race deal with the returning Manor team, which expects to be ready to compete in the Australian Grand Prix

The former Marussia team came out of administration last week, and has secured a supply of 2014 Ferrari engines.

Stevens spent part of last season as Marussia's test and reserve driver, having switched from the same role at Caterham, before returning to the latter team to make his F1 racing debut in the Abu Dhabi GP.

"It's very exciting to see everything coming together at Manor after the tremendous effort that has gone into saving the team," said the 23-year-old Briton, who was also a Formula Renault 3.5 race winner last year.

"It would not have been possible without the incredible support we have received from all the suppliers and from within the sport, but most of all the fantastic team of people at Manor who are working around the clock to ensure we are ready for Melbourne.

"My thanks to the team for their confidence in me and I can't wait to see all the hard work rewarded when we line up on the grid in two weeks' time."

Although Manor could get dispensation to miss the opening rounds of the season, a statement from the team said it currently intended to race in Melbourne next month.

It will start the season with a modified 2014 car as an interim measure.

"The car with which Manor will begin the season is now in an advanced stage of build at the team's current race preparation facility in Dinnington, UK, where personnel are working 24-7 towards the air freight despatch date of 6 March."

Previous article Force India reveals delayed 2015 F1 car and plans Friday test debut
Next article Fernando Alonso leaves hospital after Formula 1 test crash

Top Comments

Latest news