Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

What will F1's switch to a 60-40 power split bring? The drivers give their verdict

Formula 1
Canadian GP
What will F1's switch to a 60-40 power split bring? The drivers give their verdict

Ferrari is down on power "even to Ford", says Leclerc

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Ferrari is down on power "even to Ford", says Leclerc

Super Formula announces extra Fuji race as Autopolis replacement

Super Formula
Super Formula announces extra Fuji race as Autopolis replacement

How McLaren’s early years set the team on the path to success

Feature
Formula 1
How McLaren’s early years set the team on the path to success

Alonso: “I am the best, I don't need to prove anything”

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Alonso: “I am the best, I don't need to prove anything”

Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Verstappen Hopeful of Jordan Deal

Dutch Formula One driver Jos Verstappen remains optimistic about his chances of racing for Jordan this year but there is still no deal, his spokesman said on Friday.

Dutch Formula One driver Jos Verstappen remains optimistic about his chances of racing for Jordan this year but there is still no deal, his spokesman said on Friday.

"It could last another few weeks. Late January? Maybe even February, but it could all gain momentum in which case it would all be over earlier," Raymond Vermeulen told the driver's website.

"Tomorrow the situation could be different altogether. We are positive about developments, talks are continuing," he added.

Jordan are the only Formula One team with no drivers announced for the new season starting on March 7 in Australia and the team have said they want to finalise their sponsorship deals first.

"Eddie (Jordan) is still looking carefully at the shortlist of available drivers," said a team spokeswoman.

Verstappen, an experienced Formula One driver who was with Minardi last year, can count on considerable backing from Dutch technology company Trust. Vermeulen defined the current state of negotiations as "contact, but no contract".

"The sponsors first need to reach an agreement with Eddie Jordan. The team wants a good race-driver, combined with an as attractive as possible financial deal and the sponsors want maximum exposure in return," he said.

"It's not just about car stickers, but also other facilities like hospitality, entrance tickets for contacts and so on."

Previous article Blundell tips Schuey for title
Next article Gene Sets the Pace with FW25 at Jerez - Day Three

Top Comments

Latest news