Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

F1 Dutch GP red-flagged after Verstappen crash

Formula 1
Dutch GP
F1 Dutch GP red-flagged after Verstappen crash

LIVE: F1 Dutch GP updates - Red flag as Verstappen crashes

Formula 1
Dutch GP
LIVE: F1 Dutch GP updates - Red flag as Verstappen crashes

BTCC Donington Park: Morgan beats Sutton in opener

BTCC
Donington Park (Grand Prix Circuit)
BTCC Donington Park: Morgan beats Sutton in opener

Why Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position

Wolff jokes that Mercedes already has Verstappen for the "real hero races"

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Wolff jokes that Mercedes already has Verstappen for the "real hero races"

Supercars Ipswich: Feeney takes second win to secure unlikely Sprint Cup title

Supercars
Ipswich Super 440
Supercars Ipswich: Feeney takes second win to secure unlikely Sprint Cup title

What we learned from the 2026 F1 Dutch GP sprint race and qualifying

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
What we learned from the 2026 F1 Dutch GP sprint race and qualifying

Verstappen suffering from "flu-like" illness as Zandvoort exposes Red Bull's fundamental problems

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Verstappen suffering from "flu-like" illness as Zandvoort exposes Red Bull's fundamental problems

Toro Rosso confirm Liuzzi, wait on Speed

Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi will race for Toro Rosso again this season but American Scott Speed has yet to be confirmed, the Formula One team said on Tuesday

Team co-owner Gerhard Berger told Reuters that Speed remained on pole position for the drive but nothing had been signed yet.

"Everything is fine with Tonio, he's in the car and he's going to drive," he said in a telephone interview from Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya where the new Ferrari-powered Toro Rosso was due to make its first appearance.

"He's also our driver for this year. With Scott we still have some contractual issues to sort out. We are going to see later," he added.

"We analysed our drivers very well after last season and found their strengths and weaknesses quite well," said Berger. "We worked very hard together over the winter, especially with Tonio.

"He's going to make less mistakes in the second season, I think he's also working harder than in the first one so he's going to be better. But you're not going to see miracles because they just don't exist in Formula One."

The season starts in Australia on March 18.

Team principal Franz Tost would not elaborate on the reasons for the delay in confirming Speed, when asked at a press conference in Barcelona on Tuesday.

"There are some contractual issues to be sorted with Scott, but they are confidential," he said.

Previous article Heidfeld plays down BMW form
Next article Renault hopeful of engine improvements

Top Comments