Renault confirm Faure steps down
Renault confirmed on Monday their Formula One director Patrick Faure was stepping down
Faure will be replaced by 59-year-old Alain Dassas, a former Renault financial director, the team said a day after Fernando Alonso's victory at the season-opening Grand Prix in Bahrain.
"Together with Alain Dassas, our objective is to maintain the successful momentum of the Renault F1 Team," Carlos Ghosn, chief executive at Renault, said.
He called Renault's double Formula One victory in 2005 "a historic event," which was the fruit of investment and the determination of the entire F1 team.
Alonso made a perfect start to the Formula One season with victory in the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday.
Seven times world champion Michael Schumacher, starting from a record-equalling pole position on an all-Ferrari front row, had to settle for second after a thrilling battle with his young rival.
Alonso, the 24-year-old Spaniard who last year became Formula One's youngest champion, made sure of his ninth victory after emerging from his final pitstop just as the 37-year-old German was about to go past.
Alonso has signed a contract to join McLaren in 2007.
Share Or Save This Story
Subscribe and access Autosport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
Top Comments