Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

What makes Norris say “I don't have a car to fight for the championship”?

Formula 1
Dutch GP
What makes Norris say “I don't have a car to fight for the championship”?

FIA explains safety car formation lap after F1 driver criticism at Dutch GP

Formula 1
Dutch GP
FIA explains safety car formation lap after F1 driver criticism at Dutch GP

Norris made his own life difficult again - but his recovery was stunning in Zandvoort's swansong

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
Norris made his own life difficult again - but his recovery was stunning in Zandvoort's swansong

BTCC Donington Park: Morgan doubles up with dominant victory

BTCC
Donington Park (Grand Prix Circuit)
BTCC Donington Park: Morgan doubles up with dominant victory

Hamilton explains Dutch GP radio outburst over Ferrari team orders

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Hamilton explains Dutch GP radio outburst over Ferrari team orders

What caused Verstappen’s F1 Dutch GP crash

Formula 1
Dutch GP
What caused Verstappen’s F1 Dutch GP crash

F1 Dutch GP: Norris overhauls Antonelli for victory, Verstappen suffers heavy crash

Formula 1
Dutch GP
F1 Dutch GP: Norris overhauls Antonelli for victory, Verstappen suffers heavy crash

LIVE: F1 Dutch GP updates - Norris wins from Antonelli and Russell, Verstappen out after huge crash

Formula 1
Dutch GP
LIVE: F1 Dutch GP updates - Norris wins from Antonelli and Russell, Verstappen out after huge crash

Raikkonen ready to move on from Turkey

World champion Kimi Raikkonen says he is not dwelling on what he labelled as a disappointing Turkish Grand Prix

The Finn was unable to match the pace of Ferrari teammate Felipe Massa, who won the race after starting from pole position.

Raikkonen had to settle for third place behind McLaren's Lewis Hamilton, who closed the gap to the world champion to seven points.

"I came to Istanbul leading by nine points and now I'm seven ahead," Raikkonen said on Ferrari's website on Tuesday.

"Not much changed. I had a really difficult weekend. It started with a problem and went on with another. Fortunately in the end I did not finish too badly. I wanted to fight for a win, but that's racing.

"Sometimes it just goes wrong since the very beginning of the weekend. So you concentrate to save as much as you can, just like I did in Turkey. I can't be too disappointed about the third spot, considering what happened at the start."

Raikkonen says he is has already moved on from the Istanbul disappointed and is now looking forward to a competitive race in Monaco.

"Afterwards it's always easy to say what we could have done. But I never do that and this case is closed," he added.

"So far the only the weekend at Barcelona was without any problems. I hope that the next one will be at Monte Carlo. I think that we have a very competitive car.

"We'll have two days of tests in France to test the solutions for the Monaco GP. The Team is very motivated to try to be strong on a track, where we were not competitive last year. "

Previous article Kolles: Independents have a future in F1
Next article Q & A with Timo Glock

Top Comments

Latest news