Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Super Formula Suzuka: Fenestraz wins chaotic opening race

Super Formula
Suzuka
Super Formula Suzuka: Fenestraz wins chaotic opening race

Who qualifies for ADUO? Red Bull shares its F1 power unit pecking order

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Who qualifies for ADUO? Red Bull shares its F1 power unit pecking order

The details in Mercedes' Montreal F1 updates

Feature
Formula 1
Canadian GP
The details in Mercedes' Montreal F1 updates

Supercars Symmons Plains: Toyota pair Mostert and Heimgartner share wins

Supercars
Tasmania Super 440
Supercars Symmons Plains: Toyota pair Mostert and Heimgartner share wins

“A serious matter” – why the FIA hit Racing Bulls with a €30,000 fine when Lawson stopped on track

Formula 1
Canadian GP
“A serious matter” – why the FIA hit Racing Bulls with a €30,000 fine when Lawson stopped on track

F1 Canadian GP: Russell defeats Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 Canadian GP: Russell defeats Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

Red Bull F1 team boss: "No intention behind" public meeting between Verstappen and Wolff

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Red Bull F1 team boss: "No intention behind" public meeting between Verstappen and Wolff

LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Russell takes sprint pole ahead of Antonelli

Formula 1
Canadian GP
LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Russell takes sprint pole ahead of Antonelli

Judge set to rule despite Jordan u-turn

Despite the fact that Jordan has attempted to drop its case against Vodafone, the High Court judge who heard the case is still expected to make a ruling on Monday regardless

Jordan applied for a notice of discontinuance to drop the case in the High Court in London today (Friday). The team had previously claimed that Vodafone had pulled out of a binding three-year sponsorship deal worth £150million with the Silverstone-based team.

Jordan's director of business affairs, Ian Phillips, said today: "I can confirm we have dropped the case. The team is not in jeopardy."

Vodafone, which argued that no binding deal was ever agreed with Jordan, is understood to have applied to have the discontinuance set aside. This would mean that the judge's original ruling is delivered as scheduled.

A final ruling is expected after 4pm on Monday afternoon, but this may not be made public until Tuesday morning.

Team principal Eddie Jordan said: "Regretfully it is clear that we are not going to win, and for the good of F1 and the team it is my decision to withdraw. We'll take the judge's ruling on the chin and then put this behind us. I must now channel all my energy into getting Jordan Grand Prix back on track for the rest of this year and for many years to come."

Previous article Analysis: Jordan in Race Against Time to Stop Verdict
Next article Jordan Decide not to Appeal; Resigned to Losing Case

Top Comments

Latest news