Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Alex Marquez to miss next two MotoGP rounds after Barcelona crash

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
Alex Marquez to miss next two MotoGP rounds after Barcelona crash

How Hamilton switched to a "different approach" for F1 Canadian GP

Formula 1
Canadian GP
How Hamilton switched to a "different approach" for F1 Canadian GP

Where you can find the best battles of F1 2026

Feature
Formula 1
Where you can find the best battles of F1 2026

Red Bull outlines timeline for new F1 wind tunnel

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Red Bull outlines timeline for new F1 wind tunnel

Monster to become Aprilia's title sponsor in MotoGP from Italian GP

MotoGP
Monster to become Aprilia's title sponsor in MotoGP from Italian GP

Why quirky Montreal will remain F1's true North American gem

Feature
Formula 1
Canadian GP
Why quirky Montreal will remain F1's true North American gem

Why the real F1 pecking order won't be seen until Barcelona at the earliest

Feature
Formula 1
Canadian GP
Why the real F1 pecking order won't be seen until Barcelona at the earliest

MotoGP considers reducing riders to one bike from 2027

MotoGP
MotoGP considers reducing riders to one bike from 2027

Grapevine: Super Aguri deny Agag reports

Super Aguri remain in talks with a number of investors about becoming partners in the team, but have denied reports that a deal has been completed with Spanish businessman Alejandro Agag

The Leafield-based team have made no secret of the fact that they have been looking at linking up with potential investors to help secure their future, and have held talks with several interesting parties.

One of those interested was Agag, who is a majority shareholder in the Campos Grand Prix GP2 team.

Talks between Agag and the team were held in the middle of last year, and reports in German newspaper Auto Bild at the weekend suggested that a 50 percent buyout had been agreed.

That claim has been denied by Super Aguri, however, with managing director Daniel Audetto making it clear that no talks had recently taken place between the team and Agag.

"We have had no recent dialogue or an ongoing relationship with Agag," said Audetto on Monday.

Super Aguri are due to launch their new car at Barcelona on February 19, and are expected to retain drivers Anthony Davidson and Takuma Sato.

Previous article Stepney says not to blame for spy scandal
Next article Wurz says retirement from racing is final

Top Comments

Latest news