Disappointed Firman Looks to America or Germany
Briton Ralph Firman pinned his hopes on a move to America or Germany after Jordan confirmed on Friday that he had lost his Formula One drive.
Briton Ralph Firman pinned his hopes on a move to America or Germany after Jordan confirmed on Friday that he had lost his Formula One drive.
"I am concentrating my efforts on a new category of racing," the 28-year-old said in a statement.
"While my first choice would be to race in a highly competitive single-seater series such as Champcar or IRL (Indy Racing League) in America I am also fascinated to race in DTM because of the sophistication of the cars."
Germany's Heinz-Harald Frentzen and France's Jean Alesi, both former Grand Prix winners, have found drives in Germany's DTM touring car series after quitting Formula One.
"Jordan's announcement is a setback but I have been aware of the position for some time," said Firman, whose hopes were dashed when the team signed Italian Giorgio Pantano to fill the last vacant seat in Formula One.
"I am only really disappointed that the difficulties with last year's Jordan car made it impossible to do anything significant in my rookie season."
Firman scored one point in 14 races.
Share Or Save This Story
Subscribe and access Autosport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
Top Comments