Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

"No nine to five cruise" - The challenge of assembling Cadillac's trackside F1 team from scratch

Formula 1
Dutch GP
"No nine to five cruise" - The challenge of assembling Cadillac's trackside F1 team from scratch

Christian Horner to headline 2026 ABX NYC

General
Christian Horner to headline 2026 ABX NYC

Top five roles on Motorsport Jobs this week

General
Top five roles on Motorsport Jobs this week

Lappi returns to Hyundai line-up for WRC Rally Chile

WRC
Rally Chile
Lappi returns to Hyundai line-up for WRC Rally Chile

Red Bull protege Kalousdian dominates Snetterton Ginetta Junior event

National
Red Bull protege Kalousdian dominates Snetterton Ginetta Junior event

Albon commits to Williams F1 team for 2027

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Albon commits to Williams F1 team for 2027

What an engineer with four decades of F1 experience would choose as the ideal engine rules

Feature
Formula 1
What an engineer with four decades of F1 experience would choose as the ideal engine rules

Did Formula E's London finale go too far with team orders and personal vendettas?

Formula E
London ePrix II
Did Formula E's London finale go too far with team orders and personal vendettas?

Di Montezemolo backs team reshuffle

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo believes that the staffing reshuffle his team undertook in the wake of its Abu Dhabi strategy error will help make the outfit much better prepared for 2011

Speaking at Ferrari's Wrooom event in Italy on Friday, di Montezemolo said that the disappointment of Abu Dhabi last year is still with him - but is convinced the outfit is ready to move on quickly and put the events behind it.

"On the sporting side, granted that I sometimes still wake up at night thinking of that race [Abu Dhabi] - it would be a lie if I said otherwise - I think we must absolutely look ahead," he said.

"We are working hard on next season's car. I think it will be an extremely interesting year, with many question marks tied to the new regulations, so we'll see the others' competitiveness. I see our people working with great determination.

"As already mentioned by [Stefano] Domenicali, and as I already mentioned to you in late December, there has been no revolution. This has always been fundamental for me in these 19 years. There are improvements, we adapt, and I think that these organisational improvements that Domenicali has gone for are important in order to further improve.

"We have the need to do well from the start, both in terms of reliability, but most of all in terms of performance. Last year we lost the championship also because in the first half of season we were not up to our expectations."

Speaking about how he sees the championship developing in 2011, di Montezemolo said: "I see a completely open championship, both because these regulations even out performances and make differences unlikely, and also because already last year the season was truly unpredictable.

"During the year there's been an alternation of McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull drivers leading the championship: that's something that hadn't happened for a long time. We'll see whether the small teams have made some progress."

Previous article Ferrari shrugs off Red Bull's criticism
Next article No room on calendar for Rome - Ferrari

Top Comments