Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

What we learned from MotoGP's wretched Catalan GP

Feature
MotoGP
What we learned from MotoGP's wretched Catalan GP

How Verstappen's Nurburgring adventure marked the next phase of his legacy

Feature
GT
How Verstappen's Nurburgring adventure marked the next phase of his legacy

Why Nurburgring 24 Hours agony may motivate Verstappen to return

Endurance
Why Nurburgring 24 Hours agony may motivate Verstappen to return

Final Catalan GP results as five riders penalised and Mir loses MotoGP podium

MotoGP
Catalan GP
Final Catalan GP results as five riders penalised and Mir loses MotoGP podium

Acosta slams Catalan GP calls: “It’s awful we acted as if nothing happened”

MotoGP
Catalan GP
Acosta slams Catalan GP calls: “It’s awful we acted as if nothing happened”

DS Penske solid despite frustrating finish in Monaco E-Prix

Formula E
Monaco ePrix II
DS Penske solid despite frustrating finish in Monaco E-Prix

Formula E Monaco E-Prix: Rowland reignites title challenge with first win of 2025-26

Formula E
Monaco ePrix II
Formula E Monaco E-Prix: Rowland reignites title challenge with first win of 2025-26

MotoGP Catalan GP: Di Giannantonio wins chaotic Barcelona race

MotoGP
Catalan GP
MotoGP Catalan GP: Di Giannantonio wins chaotic Barcelona race

Coulthard in Talks to Renew Red Bull Deal

David Coulthard has opened negotiations to stay with Red bull Racing next season, according to this week's Autosport magazine

The Scot has a one-year contract with the Austrian-owned squad but his performances so far has seen him score points in five of seven races, impressing sporting director Christian Horner.

"His performances have been excellent this year and he has been the perfect benchmark for the youngsters," said Horner, whose team have been using Vitantonio Liuzzi and Christian Klien as Coulthard's teammate.

The 34-year old Scot, a veteran of 182 Grands Prix, says he has every intention of staying at Red Bull next season.

"I'm absolutely thinking in terms of staying here," Coulthard told Autosport. "We're five months on from the start of the relationship and five months from the end of the current contract.

"As long as I have the desire and the talent and ability there's no reason to stop, and I will give my commitment to the team for as long as they continue to give it to me."

Previous article Speed Made to Wait until Friday
Next article Put Safety First, Mosley Tells Teams

Top Comments

Latest news