The Sauber Formula 1 team has signed Williams test driver Felipe Nasr to a race deal for the 2015 season.
The Brazilian, who sits second in the GP2 standings with one round remaining, has taken part in four free practice sessions for Williams so far this year, including last weekend at Austin.
Nasr's signing to race alongside ex-Caterham driver Marcus Ericsson means that both of Sauber's 2014 drivers - Adrian Sutil and Esteban Gutierrez - will be replaced next season.
Sauber team principal Monisha Kaltenborn said: "We have been following Felipe's career path for some time now.
"He fully deserves his position in Formula 1 having had a very successful career in the junior categories.
"We are happy that he will be driving for our team next year. This means that Brazil will have one more young and talented driver in the sport."
Nasr, who has British Formula 3 and Formula BMW Europe titles to his name, said he hopes to follow in the footsteps of other top drivers to have made their F1 debut with the Swiss team.
"This is an unforgettable moment that I owe to all of those who have supported me," he said. "Today the dream has come true.
"Sauber was responsible for the arrival in F1 of great names such Felipe Massa, Kimi Raikkonen, Robert Kubica and Sebastian Vettel.
"I am proud now to also be part of this racing family.
"I had a wonderful year at Williams, where I learned a lot and prepared myself to be a race driver in Formula 1."
SUTIL HAD EXPECTED TO STAY
Sutil had regularly stated that he has a contract in place for 2015 and, when asked about his future at Austin last Thursday, he said he expected it to be with Sauber.
"For me, a change [of team] now is not necessary, I don't want it," said Sutil.
"I will stay here, I have committed to that team and I look forward to making it better.
"I still have some work to do here and I look forward to that a lot."