Force India says it is not planning to announce its second driver in time for the launch of its 2013 car.
The Silverstone-based team is, together with Caterham, the only Formula 1 outfit yet to confirm its second driver for the upcoming season.
Jules Bianchi and Adrian Sutil are believed to be the main candidates to partner Paul di Resta.
Force India will launch its 2013 car - the Mercedes-powered VJ06 - on February 1 before it begins testing at Jerez four days later.
Deputy team boss Bob Fernley told AUTOSPORT on Friday however that the launch will not be used to announce its second driver.
Asked if Force India would confirm its line-up before or during the event, Fernley said: "No. The launch is to launch the VJ06."
Fernley said the timeframe for announcing the team's second driver was "probably before the first test."
He also denied the team would use the test to evaluate drivers for the seat.
"[That's] very unlikely," he said about the possibility of using the test to trial candidates.
2013 Formula 1 line-up so far: Red Bull Sebastian Vettel Mark Webber Ferrari Fernando Alonso Felipe Massa McLaren Jenson Button Sergio Perez Lotus Kimi Raikkonen Romain Grosjean Mercedes Lewis Hamilton Nico Rosberg Sauber Nico Hulkenberg Esteban Gutierrez Force India Paul di Resta seat still available Williams Pastor Maldonado Valtteri Bottas Toro Rosso Daniel Ricciardo Jean-Eric Vergne Caterham Charles Pic seat still available Marussia Timo Glock Max Chilton
Autosport has produced a standalone special magazine to celebrate our 70th birthday. All current print subscribers will receive a copy for free. To order your copy of the 196-page Autosport 70th Anniversary issue, please go to: autosport.com/autosport70th