Felipe Massa says those involved in the events which overshadowed the FIA World Karting Finals at Lonato will face "consequences" for their "unacceptable" behaviour, with the FIA opening an investigation.
Former Ferrari Formula 1 driver Massa, the president of the FIA's International karting commission since last December, was writing on Instagram after video footage of two incidents at Sunday's Italian kart race went viral on social media.
Italian driver Luca Corberi, who had entered in the KZ category, was first seen detaching a bumper from his crashed kart and waiting at the side of the track.
Then he attempted to throw his bumper at rival Paolo Ippolito, who he had been involved in a collision with shortly beforehand.
The bumper missed Ippolito and bounced harmlessly off another kart. Corberi then ignored officials trying to get him away from the side of the circuit.
After the race, a fresh video emerged of Corberi appearing to attack Ippolito in parc ferme, resulting in a brawl involving several unidentified individuals.
Corberi was excluded from the meeting, while Ippolito was also excluded from the race for his part in the initial contact.
Announcing its intention to launch an official investigation, a short statement from the FIA said: "The FIA and ACI are deeply concerned by the disturbing events that occurred yesterday during the FIA Karting KZ World Championship in Lonato, Italy involving drivers, team members and track officials.
"The FIA has launched an immediate investigation into the incidents."
Massa, who recently departed the Venturi Formula E squad, was present at the Lonato track on Sunday and posted on Instagram that action would be taken against the individuals involved.
He wrote alongside images of the two incidents: "This behaviour is unacceptable in our sport. Those individuals will face the consequences of their action."
Responding to the incidents, several top racing drivers called for action to be taken against Corberi and his father, who owns the circuit.
These included 2009 world champion Jenson Button, who said that the pair should face lifetime bans from competition.
Labelling them "idiots", Button wrote: "Luca Corberi has just destroyed any chance he had at a racing career after his disgusting behaviour today at the FIA Karting World champs."