RaceDriver.me aims to take a novice racing driver or someone with no experience, who shows the right skillset and talent, and provide them with the platform to become a fully-fledged racing driver at a British Touring Car Championship weekend in the Ginetta GT4 SuperCup.
No other scholarship provides a complete end-to-end prize.
The winner will receive advice on media skills from one of the leading journalists from Autosport.
Assessment begins in the autumn of 2019 with quarter, semi and finals taking place early 2020. By March 2020, the winner will be chosen by a panel of judges consisting of international champions, motorsport industry leaders, journalists and a British Touring Car champion.
The winner will then receive everything possible to help them onto the first step of the racing ladder through to the BTCC weekend. The scholarship prize provides:
- Interviews to the media of the winner including photoshoot
- ARDS licence test from The Motorsports School and motorsport licence issued from Motorsport UK
- One full year of club motorsport
- Upgrade licence to Ginetta GT4 SuperCup level
- All test and race entry fees for BTCC-level racing and club motorsport
- Full driver coaching
- Exclusive dedicated engineers working by your side
- Full test in the BTCC-supporting Ginetta GT4 SuperCup
- Qualify and race for an entire weekend in the BTCC-supporting Ginetta GT4 SuperCup
- All hotels during the prize races
- All tyres, fuel, insurance, brakes
- Race suit, helmet, gloves and boots
- Hospitality for two further guests at all prize races
- This prize is worth in excess of £250,000
Each round will assess the entrant on activities including:
- Driving styles and assessments
- Race technique
- Mental agility tests
- Racing simulator assessment
- Mock interview test
- Kart racing
- Physical fitness
- Circuit driving
- Club-level race car driving
- Ginetta GT4 SuperCup driving
Adam Lucas, Director of RaceDriver.me, said: "This is the chance for those who dream of being on the grid at the very highest level of UK motorsport and may not have had the opportunity to showcase their talent. RaceDriver.me gives them this opportunity."
To maintain a level playing field, those who have race experience will be assessed on a higher standard of criteria, meaning that those working through the rounds do so on merit. No other scholarship provides this level of prize, fairness and value with round one costing just £199.
Entrants can sign up today or find out more information at www.RaceDriver.me
National coverage brought to you by Motorsport News
For more from the Voice of British Motorsport subscribe to Motorsport News today