New Mahindra Formula E and Mercedes DTM driver Felix Rosenqvist has called off the remainder of his 2016 Indy Lights campaign, with two rounds to go.
Rosenqvist was announced on Monday as Mahindra's second driver for the 2016/17 Formula E campaign, two days after scoring a point on his DTM race debut at Moscow Raceway.
He is also in action this coming weekend with Mercedes in the Blancpain Sprint Cup, and will travel to the Hungaroring after the conclusion of the first pre-season Formula E test, which ends on Thursday.
Given his schedule, the decision was taken by Rosenqvist and the Belardi Auto Racing team to end his Indy Lights campaign - having already missed the Road America, Iowa and Mid-Ohio rounds due to his Mercedes commitments.
The Watkins Glen round at the start of September interferes with his Formula E preparations, with the series finale - a double header at Laguna Seca - clashing with the DTM round at the Nurburgring, which Rosenqvist will again contest with Mercedes.
"I've had a fantastic time in the US this year, and it's been a really great and interesting experience," said Rosenqvist, who won three Indy Lights races.
"It's a shame not to see out the season, but it's just a logistic impossibility.
"I would like to thank Belardi Auto Racing for all their efforts this year; it's a great team, and I hope we will find a way to work together again in the future."
Rosenqvist took over the ART Grand Prix-run car in the DTM that new Manor Formula 1 driver Esteban Ocon had been racing.
"I'm obviously pleased to get another outing in the DTM," he continued.
"We sat down after the weekend in Russia, and Ulrich Fritz [head of Mercedes-AMG DTM] told me that I'll be driving again at the Nurburgring.
"Scoring a point in Moscow was a very good start, and more than I expected, so I will take it from there and try to do a good job again in the Eifel Mountains."