Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Howard in Brit GT Clio

Howard, who will partner regular driver Darren Malkin after Alan Bonner left the team, was set to race in the FRenault UK Championship before financial problems cost him his Eurotek drive last month

"I'm not turning my back on single-seaters, but I'm keeping my options open," said Howard. "I wanted to do F3, but it's so expensive it's impossible unless you've got a sponsor.

"I'm looking forward to trying the GT thing. This is a great opportunity for me to be out racing and do a good job. I'm not narrow-minded, and I'd be prepared to do GTs or single-seaters in the future."

Howard will drive the Clio for the first time in testing at Mondello Park tomorrow (Friday), ahead of Sunday's race.

He said: "One of my strengths is that I've been fast straight away in everything I've driven. I'm aiming to upset the top guys. I'll find out if that's possible at the test."

Team boss Ben Owen said: "He's a great asset to the team. I think we've got two of the best drivers in the field, so hopefully we can start getting among the Porsches."

The DRM Racing Cup class Ferrari 360 of Adam Wilcox and Ni Amorim has been given a 10-second pit-stop handicap for the rest of the year after Wilcox's driver ranking was upgraded to semi-pro status. Series organisers reviewed all the driver rankings after the season-opener.

Previous article Chaos at first ASCAR round
Next article Paddy Power pays out on Schu!

Top Comments