Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Blundell prepares for Detroit comeback

Injured Champ Car driver Mark Blundell says he is looking forward to returning to the CART series next weekend in Detroit.

The PacWest driver took part in a two-day test last week in preparation for his return on August 8.

He has missed eight races in the championship after breaking a vertebra in testing at the Gateway International Raceway in May.

'The test went very well,' said Blundell. 'Basically, it was an opportunity to get back in the car and find a rhythm again.

'It was extremely hot - 98 degrees - and conditions were far from ideal, but it was good to get back on the racetrack. I'm really looking forward to Detroit.'

PacWest technical director Allen McDonald claimed he was impressed with Blundell's level of fitness and performance during the test.

'It was very pleasing [to see] how quickly Mark got back in the swing of things,' he commented.

'Despite the heat, we accomplished a lot of things which will undoubtedly help us next weekend.

'We did more than a race distance and I'm sure Mark will have no problems at Detroit.'

Previous article Second win for DAMS in Brno
Next article Moreno likely to step in for Fittipaldi

Top Comments