Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

What we learned from the 2026 F1 Dutch GP sprint race and qualifying

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
What we learned from the 2026 F1 Dutch GP sprint race and qualifying

Verstappen suffering from "flu-like" illness as Zandvoort exposes Red Bull's fundamental problems

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Verstappen suffering from "flu-like" illness as Zandvoort exposes Red Bull's fundamental problems

Why Verstappen's 2026 Mercedes contact was very different from last year's

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why Verstappen's 2026 Mercedes contact was very different from last year's

F1 Dutch GP: Norris pips Russell to grab pole

Formula 1
Dutch GP
F1 Dutch GP: Norris pips Russell to grab pole

BTCC Donington Park: Morgan leads dominant 1-2 for Plato’s old team

BTCC
Donington Park (Grand Prix Circuit)
BTCC Donington Park: Morgan leads dominant 1-2 for Plato’s old team

Why Williams problems are worse than previously known

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why Williams problems are worse than previously known

BTCC Donington Park: Ingram leads practice from Doble

BTCC
Donington Park (Grand Prix Circuit)
BTCC Donington Park: Ingram leads practice from Doble

LIVE: F1 Dutch GP updates - Norris beats Russell to pole position

Formula 1
Dutch GP
LIVE: F1 Dutch GP updates - Norris beats Russell to pole position

Red Bull 'draws line' under Turkey crash

Red Bull Racing says it has a drawn a line under the crash between Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber in Turkey following a meeting in its factory on Thursday

In a statement issued today, Red Bull said Webber and Vettel met with team boss Christian Horner, tech chief Adrian Newey and consultant Helmut Marko at the factory today in Milton Keynes.

"It was a positive meeting, which draws a line under the incident that happened on lap 40 of the Turkish Grand Prix. The team is now fully focused on next week's Canadian Grand Prix," said the statement, which included a photograph of Vettel and Webber taken at the factory and captioned 'S*** happens'.

"The team had got us into a great position and it wasn't good for them what happened - so I'm sorry for them that we lost the lead of the race," said Vettel.

"Mark and I are racers and we were racing. We are professionals and it won't change how we will work together going forward. We have a great team and the spirit is very strong. I'm looking forward to Canada."

Webber added: "It's a shame for the team, as we lost a good opportunity to win the race. It's sport and these things can happen, but it shouldn't have done.

"I feel for everyone at Red Bull, at the factory and everyone involved. Seb and I will make sure it doesn't happen again and will continue to work openly together, no problem. We have talked enough on it now, it's done, we're looking ahead and I'm focused on the race in Canada next week."

Previous article Haug: Red Bull situation a nightmare
Next article Q & A with Colin Kolles

Top Comments

Latest news