Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Why Sainz believes F1 and FIA must be "tough" on 2027 changes

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Why Sainz believes F1 and FIA must be "tough" on 2027 changes

Hamilton "still motivated" and "100% clear" he will stay at Ferrari in 2027

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Hamilton "still motivated" and "100% clear" he will stay at Ferrari in 2027

It’s not overtaking, it’s “avoiding action" - why Alonso says F1 lost a full decade of “pure racing”

Formula 1
Canadian GP
It’s not overtaking, it’s “avoiding action" - why Alonso says F1 lost a full decade of “pure racing”

Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Behind the scenes at Pirelli: The hidden factors that go into developing F1 tyres

Feature
Formula 1
Behind the scenes at Pirelli: The hidden factors that go into developing F1 tyres

FIA re-opens 2011 selection process

Formula 1's ruling body will re-open the selection process for a potential 13th team to join the sport in 2011, the FIA said on Thursday

The governing body has taken the decision after US F1, which had the 13th slot for the 2010 season, failed to be ready to compete in this year's championship.

The American team had requested that the FIA delayed its entry for next year.

However, the FIA has decided to re-open the selection process for the final slot, meaning there is likely to be a significant number of candidates hoping to race next season.

Lola, Epsilon Euskadi, Prodrive and N.Technology were among the teams to have applied for an entry for this year.

The governing body also said US F1 could face sanctions for its absence.

"With regard to the USF1 team's non-participation in the 2010 championship, the world council mandated the FIA president, in full compliance with the new code of practice for disciplinary matters, to take forward the most appropriate action," it said in a statement.

The FIA also confirmed that rookie Karun Chandhok had been granted his superlicence to competed with the HRT team at this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix.

Previous article Vettel: Hot weather could alter order
Next article Standing in the presence of greatness

Top Comments