Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

F1 Canadian GP: Russell defeats Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 Canadian GP: Russell defeats Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

Red Bull F1 team boss: "No intention behind" public meeting between Verstappen and Wolff

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Red Bull F1 team boss: "No intention behind" public meeting between Verstappen and Wolff

F1 compromise to make 2027 engine change could include shortening races

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 compromise to make 2027 engine change could include shortening races

Mercedes and McLaren debut host of updates at F1 Canadian GP

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Mercedes and McLaren debut host of updates at F1 Canadian GP

F1 Canadian GP: Antonelli fastest ahead of sprint qualifying, Russell spins

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 Canadian GP: Antonelli fastest ahead of sprint qualifying, Russell spins

What Kyle Busch meant to NASCAR and the modern fan

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
What Kyle Busch meant to NASCAR and the modern fan

LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Practice extended after two red flags

Formula 1
Canadian GP
LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Practice extended after two red flags

LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Russell takes sprint pole ahead of Antonelli

Formula 1
Canadian GP
LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Russell takes sprint pole ahead of Antonelli

Ferrari rule out Honda engine supply

Ferrari have all but ruled out supplying engines to Honda Racing in 2009, should the Japanese manufacturer find a buyer to save the team

Honda Racing sporting director Ross Brawn, Ferrari's former technical director, confirmed last week that he had contacted the Italian team to enquire about a supply of customer engines.

But Ferrari's team principal Stefano Domenicali appeared to dismiss the suggestion at the launch of the Scuderia's F60 on Monday: "I can tell you about the chances of giving Honda engines... the likelihood is close to zero."

Brawn said last week that Honda Racing was continuing to prepare their 2009 car for the start of the season while negotiations with potential buyers continue.

"Honda has already said it will not supply us with engines, so that's why I contacted Ferrari," Brawn told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We haven't signed anything yet but I really appreciated the support from president Luca di Montezemolo and Stefano Domenicali. It's like being among former schoolmates: they still see me as one of their own."

Honda Racing face a race against time to find a buyer and be ready for the start of the season.

Honda has made it clear that it does not intend to continue supplying engines to the team and Brawn has indicated that he expected it to take six weeks to modify the 2009 car for a new customer engine package.

Previous article Ferrari: Title hard to repeat
Next article DC: Button right to stick with Honda

Top Comments

Latest news