Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Russell takes sprint pole ahead of Antonelli

Formula 1
Canadian GP
LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Russell takes sprint pole ahead of Antonelli

Red Bull F1 team boss: "No intention behind" public meeting between Verstappen and Wolff

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Red Bull F1 team boss: "No intention behind" public meeting between Verstappen and Wolff

F1 compromise to make 2027 engine change could include shortening races

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 compromise to make 2027 engine change could include shortening races

Mercedes and McLaren debut host of updates at F1 Canadian GP

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Mercedes and McLaren debut host of updates at F1 Canadian GP

F1 Canadian GP: Antonelli fastest ahead of sprint qualifying, Russell spins

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 Canadian GP: Antonelli fastest ahead of sprint qualifying, Russell spins

What Kyle Busch meant to NASCAR and the modern fan

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
What Kyle Busch meant to NASCAR and the modern fan

Haas warns against raising F1 cost cap to fix 2027 power unit issues

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Haas warns against raising F1 cost cap to fix 2027 power unit issues

LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Practice extended after two red flags

Formula 1
Canadian GP
LIVE: F1 Canadian Grand Prix updates - Practice extended after two red flags

Carabante takes over Campos team

The Campos Meta team has confirmed that Jose Ramon Carabante has taken full control of the Spanish outfit, with former Midland, Spyker and Force India boss Colin Kolles being appointed as team principal instead of team founder Adrian Campos

After weeks of speculation about the future of the team, it was announced on Friday that a deal had been reached with Campos to make Carabante, who was already a shareholder in the team, the new majority owner.

Carabante said he has secured a deal that will see the team competing in the 2010 championship.

"I would like to thank Bernie Ecclestone, who worked tremendously to support our efforts to keep the team viable," said Carabante.

"The whole rescue operation has been a race against time with the goal of always having the team run two competitive cars at the first Grand Prix of the F1 season in Bahrain.

"We have a lot of hard work still ahead of us but we are excited about making our F1 debut and looking forward to a competitive season."

Carabante said the team's base will remain in Spain and that Kolles will also act as managing director to ensure the team is fully operational and ready to make its Bahrain debut next month.

Kolles added, however, that the team needed to find 'extra funding' to guarantee its presence in Bahrain.

"I could not resist this tremendous challenge and am very excited to join forces in this new team," said Kolles.

"Over the next ten days we will review the entire operation, find the extra funding to ensure the team will make the first race in Bahrain, announce the line-up for 2010 in due time and make the operation viable under Jose Ramon Carabante's new ownership."

The team has a contract with Brazilian Bruno Senna, with rumours having linked Jose Maria Lopez with the second seat, despite the Argentinean having a contract with the US F1 squad.

Previous article Kovalainen admits Lotus lacks downforce
Next article Button: Ferrari strongest at present

Top Comments