Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Why Sainz believes F1 and FIA must be "tough" on 2027 changes

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Why Sainz believes F1 and FIA must be "tough" on 2027 changes

Hamilton "still motivated" and "100% clear" he will stay at Ferrari in 2027

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Hamilton "still motivated" and "100% clear" he will stay at Ferrari in 2027

It’s not overtaking, it’s “avoiding action" - why Alonso says F1 lost a full decade of “pure racing”

Formula 1
Canadian GP
It’s not overtaking, it’s “avoiding action" - why Alonso says F1 lost a full decade of “pure racing”

Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Behind the scenes at Pirelli: The hidden factors that go into developing F1 tyres

Feature
Formula 1
Behind the scenes at Pirelli: The hidden factors that go into developing F1 tyres

Benetton Family See their 'Baby Grow Up'

Luciano Benetton, the founder of the Benetton empire, attended the last launch of his his company's Formula One car in Venice on Tuesday and emotionally reflected on a 20-year spell in the sport.

Luciano Benetton, the founder of the Benetton empire, attended the last launch of his his company's Formula One car in Venice on Tuesday and emotionally reflected on a 20-year spell in the sport.

The Benetton team will be re-branded as Renault next year after the French manufacturer's buy-out last year.

"Our baby has grown up," said Benetton. "Now our baby needs to have a new tutor. We feel that we have found the best tutor.

"Despite the fact that we are not the hosts here but the guests, we still have feelings of excitement and adrenaline for the new car."

Renault boss Patrick Faure said that the extravagant launch was praise for the Benetton family, whose name will disappear from Formula One at the end of the year.

Faure said: "Normally you wouldn't expect this launch to take place in a beautiful place like Venice because normally you don't have cars on the streets of Venice - you have Gondolas.

"But we are here because we are paying tribute for their warm and efficient work of the Benetton family in F1 over many years."

Benetton Managing Director Flavio Briatore added: "Without Luciano we wouldn't have achieved what we have in the last 10 years. We had a good time and won a lot of races."

Previous article McLaren MP4-16 launch: It's us versus Ferrari
Next article Benetton B201 launch: Building for the future

Top Comments

Latest news