The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) plans to respond to FIA president Max Mosley's latest calls to enter next year's championship, AUTOSPORT has learned.
Mosley wrote to the eight remaining FOTA members on Monday telling them that they should ditch the conditions attached to their entries to 2010 so that they can help shape future rules.
In the letter, Mosley said that he wanted to sit down with all the successful 2010 applicants later this month to try and frame regulations that all teams are happy with.
To do that he told FOTA members that they should lodge unconditional entries, and should let him know by the end of business today what they were going to do.
"It is of course up to you, but the simplest way to ensure that all entrants run under the same rules would be if everyone entered under the cost-cap rules as published and then all entrants cooperated to agree modifications to those rules which would make the proposition workable for all parties," said Mosley.
Although FOTA has not issued any official statement about the matter, having been awaiting a response from Mosley for several days, high level sources have confirmed that the teams' organisation is now deciding what its next step is.
The source confirmed that FOTA did plan to reply to Mosley about his letter by the close of play today - although it is not clear what its stance will be.
The FIA is due to announce the list of successful entrants for 2010 on Friday, with only Williams and Force India out of the current teams having lodged unconditional entries so far.