The FIA and Formula One Management both insist they have no qualms about the 2013 Bahrain Grand Prix going ahead, despite late pleas for it to be called off.
A number of politicians urged the FIA and FOM to cancel the race because of the political situation in the Gulf state, where isolated protests continue.
Although the situation in Bahrain is nowhere near as tense as it was 12 months ago - when Force India withdrew from second practice amid safety fears - the FIA and FOM elected to issue a joint statement about the staging of the race on Friday.
In it, they said that the safety of F1's competitors had been guaranteed, and that they felt holding the race would be beneficial for all Bahrainis.
"The Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) and Formula One Management (FOM) wish to jointly confirm their belief that the Bahrain GP should go ahead this weekend, following assurances from the local promoter and the authorities that security, their responsibility, will be guaranteed for all participants," said the statement.
"The FIA and FOM also strongly believe that sport can often be a force for good and that the staging of the grand prix in Bahrain will come some way in helping soothe some of the issues which have been raised in the media.
"The president of the FIA Jean Todt, and Bernie Ecclestone, F1's commercial rights holder, are united in expressing their support for the Bahrain GP and the national organiser, and wish that all concerned respect the desire of the teams, drivers and all those involved in the staging of the event to do the best job possible over the weekend."