Nick Yelloly has split with Jota Sport on the eve of the first official European Le Mans Series pre-season test.
The 21-year-old Brit was named as one of the team's three drivers earlier this month but won't join Simon Dolan and Filipe Albuquerque behind the wheel of Jota's LMP2 challenger at Paul Ricard on Monday and Tuesday.
A press release from the British squad cites "other commitments" as the reason the single-seater graduate is no longer in its line-up.
"Unfortunately Nick is not now part of Jota Sport's 2015 plans," Jota's Sam Hignett said.
"Since our announcement earlier this month it transpires conflicting elements and commitments mean its best we go our separate ways with immediate effect."
News about his replacement is expected this week. Last Tuesday, it was revealed that GP2 racer Mitch Evans would partner Yelloly and Doran at the Le Mans 24 Hours and Spa's World Endurance Championship round, while Albuquerque drives Audi's third LMP1 entry.
When announcing his move to sportscars after finishing sixth in GP3 last year, Yelloly spoke about following the path of now Porsche and Nissan factory drivers Brendon Hartley and ex-Jota racer Harry Tincknell.
"A number of single-seater guys, such as Brendon Hartley and Harry, have successfully made the switch over to sportscars and I have always dreamt of racing a LMP1 prototype at Le Mans," Yelloly said.
"Sportscars will be my only programme this year and the decision was very simple: the category is now getting much bigger compared with some top-line single-seater categories and the racing intrigues me, so who could turn down competing at Le Mans?"