The new UK variant of FIA Formula 4 will use Mygale chassis when it replaces British Formula Ford next season under the name MSA Formula.
Mygale has been the main chassis provider for British FFord for several seasons and its carbon-composite monocoque FIA F4 chassis will be used from 2015 as the series adopts the world governing body's blueprint for a universal junior formula.
The championship, which will be fully branded MSA Formula Certified by FIA Powered by Ford EcoBoost, will unveil the new car on the Saturday at the Silverstone British Touring Car Championship round later this month, with the first 15 being delivered by the end of the season.
Ford's head of racing in Europe Gerard Quinn praised the quality of Mygale's FIA F4 car and said the time taken to confirm details about the new championship was to get things right at the first time of asking.
"I've been working very closely on this and I've been guarded about what we were doing until we had everything buttoned down," he told AUTOSPORT.
"We're partnered with the MSA and FIA and it's taken a while to get through the due diligence.
"It's a huge thing for young drivers and we're delighted to be involved in engineering the next generation of single-seater racing."
The Motor Sports Association-backed category, which replaces British FFord on the BTCC support bill and will be eligible for 15-year-olds who hold an International C karting licence and complete an extended ARDS course, will use Hankook tyres instead of continuing with FFord supplier Dunlop.
It means the cars will run on the same compound and construction rubber as the FIA-sanctioned Formula 3 European Championship, while the 2015 champion will also win a test with a leading European F3 team.
Ford's detuned 160bhp EcoBoost engines, reduced in power by 40bhp to fit FIA F4's power-to-weight ratio, will be prepared and supplied solely by Sodemo and be available on a season's lease for £4800.
The chassis, which includes a six-speed sequential gearbox, paddleshift steering wheel and data-logging system will cost £30,400.
BOSSES' CONFIDENCE BOOSTED
Leading FFord bosses Nick Tandy and Nick Streatfield said the announcement was a boost to teams as it would give them the confidence to commit to the new-look series.
"It's great news for us," said Tandy, whose JTR squad has won the last two FFord drivers' titles.
"This basically means we're fully committed to the series. We'll look to run a three-car team again and will get testing as soon as we can.
"There's a lot of interest in it already so now things have been firmed up I think there'll be even more."
Falcon Motorsport boss Streatfield added: "It gives us stability which is what we're after at the end of the day.
"The customer interest we've had so far has been huge, measured against what we've had in the past it far outweighs anything. We're confident we're on the right package."
Autosport has produced a standalone special magazine to celebrate our 70th birthday. All current print subscribers will receive a copy for free. To order your copy of the 196-page Autosport 70th Anniversary issue, please go to: autosport.com/autosport70th