Dallara-Nissan car debuts in Spain
The Dallara-Nissan V6 3000 one-make single-seater has hit the track for the first time at Albacete in Spain this week
Spain's Antonio Garcia, a former winner of the Open Telefonica Series, shook down the car on Monday before handing over to former F1 racer Ricardo Zonta.
The 25-year-old Brazilian, whose last race was the German Grand Prix for Jordan last year, lapped the new car in 1m17.8secs.
"This is my very first drive in 6 months - I feel so happy," said Zonta. "The car has great potential. There are a few aspects to work with, like the suspension, but we did a lot of work already, testing tyres and driving under race set up conditions. It is a very fast car. The balance must be positive."
Jaime Alguersuari, president of series promoter RPM Racing, said: "This is the end of a dream that it has been gestating during the last five years, and is the beginning of a reality that has overcome that dream."
The Spanish-based series kicks off later this year.
Share Or Save This Story
Subscribe and access Autosport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
Top Comments