Sato, who will leave the Honda-powered team at the end of the year, collided with Jarno Trulli on lap 10 of the Japanese Grand Prix, leaving the right side of the Italian's car badly damaged.
"I'm extremely annoyed," Tomita told Reuters. "What Sato did is just not on. It was reckless."
The incident was investigated by stewards and Sato's 13th-place finish was thrown out by Formula One's ruling FIA but Sato escaped a ban for next week's season-ending Shanghai race.
"I'm all in favour of aggressive driving but Sato goes way beyond what is acceptable," fumed Tomita. "You have to abide by the rules. He goes beyond being enthusiastic. It's flat-out dangerous."
Sato has worked hard to shed his 'wild man' image but received a 10-place penalty for last month's Brazilian Grand Prix after shunting Ferrari's Michael Schumacher off in Belgium.
Trulli called Sato a liability.
"Sato tried a manoeuvre that was obviously impossible," he said. "There was no reason to try that move. I don't know what he was thinking."
He added: "He's been causing problems for a long time and the FIA has to take action to stop it."
Sato, who will be replaced at BAR by Brazilian Rubens Barrichello next year, said he had done nothing wrong.
"Obviously we were very close and I was going to the inside and braking but there was not enough room and we turned into one another," he said. "We have a different view on it but it's just a racing incident."
Tomita, though, insisted it was anything but.
"We're shocked to be the victims of that sort of thing," he said. "We want to see fair play and rules kept. At Spa Sato hit a red car (Schumacher's Ferrari) too.
"Being aggressive and putting people at risk are two separate things. What Sato did was unfair. It was completely out of order."
After a slow start to Friday at Silverstone, all the Formula 1 teams had to effectively cram in a day’s worth of practice into one hour. But there was still plenty to learn and while Ferrari topped the times, a three-way battle is brewing ahead of the British Grand Prix
It wasn’t so long ago the situation looked bleak at Silverstone with the future of the British Grand Prix under threat. But a transformation has seen it restored to one of the most important races on the Formula 1 calendar, with bigger and better to come
Max Verstappen is the world’s number one racing driver… and he’s determined to keep it that way. Speaking exclusively to GP Racing's OLEG KARPOV, the Red Bull driver explains why he’s relishing the 2022 championship battle with Charles Leclerc – and why he’s not worried about returning to Silverstone, the scene of the biggest accident of his career last year
On Tuesday, Red Bull laid out its plans to develop and build a new hypercar - the RB17 - penned by Adrian Newey. As the project itself sates Newey as a creative outlet, it also offers Red Bull's Formula 1 team a number of new and exciting avenues to pursue
OPINION: The British Grand Prix is a home event for Lewis Hamilton and George Russell, with their Mercedes team based just a few miles away too. But there’s another reason why the Silver Arrows squad is eager to arrive at Silverstone this weekend, which may help it fix its remaining problems with its 2022 Formula 1 challenger
After two terrifying crashes, one of the best British racers of the 1950s retired before his career peaked. But that’s why GP Racing’s MAURICE HAMILTON was able to speak to Tony Brooks in 2014. Like his friend Stirling Moss, Brooks was regarded as one of the best drivers never to have won the world championship. Here, as our tribute to Brooks who died last month, is that interview in full