Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

What caused Verstappen’s F1 Dutch GP crash

Formula 1
Dutch GP
What caused Verstappen’s F1 Dutch GP crash

F1 Dutch GP: Norris overhauls Antonelli for victory, Verstappen suffers heavy crash

Formula 1
Dutch GP
F1 Dutch GP: Norris overhauls Antonelli for victory, Verstappen suffers heavy crash

BTCC Donington Park: Cammish beats Sutton for Ford 1-2 in race two

BTCC
Donington Park (Grand Prix Circuit)
BTCC Donington Park: Cammish beats Sutton for Ford 1-2 in race two

F1 Dutch GP red-flagged after Verstappen crash

Formula 1
Dutch GP
F1 Dutch GP red-flagged after Verstappen crash

BTCC Donington Park: Morgan beats Sutton in opener

BTCC
Donington Park (Grand Prix Circuit)
BTCC Donington Park: Morgan beats Sutton in opener

Why Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position

Wolff jokes that Mercedes already has Verstappen for the "real hero races"

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Wolff jokes that Mercedes already has Verstappen for the "real hero races"

LIVE: F1 Dutch GP updates - Norris wins from Antonelli and Russell, Verstappen out after huge crash

Formula 1
Dutch GP
LIVE: F1 Dutch GP updates - Norris wins from Antonelli and Russell, Verstappen out after huge crash

Mosley says US GP is appropriate

FIA president Max Mosley has said the US Grand Prix should go ahead despite the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington

The future of the race has been in doubt since the horrific attacks on the US on Tuesday.

Team bosses and many drivers want the event to go ahead, but political pressure and the logistical problems of getting flights and getting tonnes of freight through extra security at customs could prove insurmountable.

Last year's Indianapolis race saw a massive 250,000 fans flock to the speedway and the American authorities are expecting large numbers this season as well.

"I think it is appropriate the race should take place," said Mosley ahead of the Italian Grand Prix. "We should never make concessions and surrender to the terrorism."

Mosley has the support of the majority of the paddock with team bosses urging that the race should go ahead as planned.

"No one in motor sport has suggested cancelling the event," he continued. "It is our duty to carry on as normal and to make no concessions to terrorism.

"I think all the teams have realised that all the measures are now in place to make everything safe which were not three days ago. The American authorities will undoubtedly have taken appropriate measures to protect the public at all large gatherings."

Previous article Rosberg Confident Hakkinen Will Return
Next article 'Shaken' Hakkinen Stays Positive for Race

Top Comments