Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

How GM tech accelerated Cadillac's F1 entry

Formula 1
Canadian GP
How GM tech accelerated Cadillac's F1 entry

MotoGP chief defends officiating of Catalan GP

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP chief defends officiating of Catalan GP

The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

Feature
Formula 1
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

How Aprilia's Barcelona collapse showed the pressures of leading MotoGP's title race

Feature
MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
How Aprilia's Barcelona collapse showed the pressures of leading MotoGP's title race

Title-winning BTCC Peugeot and Harvey in an MG among Touring Car Rewind: North highlights

National
Title-winning BTCC Peugeot and Harvey in an MG among Touring Car Rewind: North highlights

MotoGP Barcelona test: Acosta fastest as rain curtails running early

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP Barcelona test: Acosta fastest as rain curtails running early

Why this year's Indy 500 isn't as straightforward to call as you might expect

Feature
IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Why this year's Indy 500 isn't as straightforward to call as you might expect

Will Mercedes or McLaren land the next punch at F1's Canadian GP?

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Will Mercedes or McLaren land the next punch at F1's Canadian GP?

Mosley denies Nazi claims in court

FIA president Max Mosley on Monday strongly denied allegations of Nazi behaviour in an orgy he had with prostitutes, as his court action against the News of the World newspaper began in London

Speaking at the High Court in the breach of privacy hearing, Mosley claimed the News of the World's expose in March had 'devastated' his life. He also made it clear that there was 'not even a hint' of Nazi behaviour in the sex session.

"I can think of few things more unerotic than Nazi role play", Mosley was quoted as saying by The Daily Telegraph. "It also has associations for me in other ways which would make it even less interesting.

"All my life, I have had hanging over me my antecedents, my parents, and the last thing I want to do in some sexual context is be reminded of it. I wouldn't consider my parents to be Nazi but there is obviously a link."

When asked whether there was a Nazi element to his behaviour, Mosley said: "There was not even a hint of that - certainly not in my mind and, I'm convinced, not in the minds of any of the other participants. It simply didn't arise."

James Price QC, who is acting for Mr Mosley, said the News of the World had been a 'Peeping Tom' in running the story that he felt was a 'gross and indefensible intrusion' on his private life.

"To hide a listening device or hidden camera in someone's bedroom in order to spy on them having sex violates a basic human taboo," he said.

He added: "The claimant's life has been devastated by the reports. The humiliation is of the highest order."

Mosley is claiming breach of privacy in the action, and is seeking exemplary damages. The News of the World has denied Mosley's accusations. The case continues.

Previous article Kovalainen blames style for tyre trouble
Next article Hamilton humbled by post-win praise

Top Comments