Denny Hamlin claimed a second straight NASCAR Sprint Cup pole position as he led qualifying for Sunday's round at Dover International Speedway.
Despite feeling the one-mile oval is one of his weakest venues, Hamlin was able to produce a 22.788-second to repeat the pole he secured in the last Cup event there last September.
Joe Gibbs Racing secured three of the top four positions, as Hamlin's team-mates Kyle Busch and Matt Kenseth put their Toyotas on row two.
But it was fellow Toyota driver Martin Truex Jr of Michael Waltrip Racing who came closest to deposing Hamlin with a lap 0.026s slower.
Truex's team-mate Mark Martin took sixth, behind Stewart-Haas Chevrolet driver Ryan Newman - the sole non-Toyota interloper on the front three rows.
Charlotte winner Kevin Harvick, reigning champion Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano and Jamie McMurray completed the top 10.
Championship leader Jimmie Johnson had led morning practice, but a big slide on his qualifying run left him down in 24th on the grid.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Denny Hamlin Joe Gibbs Toyota 22.788s
2. Martin Truex Jr Waltrip Toyota 22.814s + 0.026s
3. Kyle Busch Joe Gibbs Toyota 22.820s + 0.032s
4. Matt Kenseth Joe Gibbs Toyota 22.823s + 0.035s
5. Ryan Newman Stewart-Haas Chevrolet 22.826s + 0.038s
6. Mark Martin Waltrip Toyota 22.842s + 0.054s
7. Kevin Harvick Childress Chevrolet 22.850s + 0.062s
8. Brad Keselowski Penske Ford 22.860s + 0.072s
9. Joey Logano Penske Ford 22.863s + 0.075s
10. Jamie McMurray Earnhardt Ganassi Chevrolet 22.871s + 0.083s
11. Kasey Kahne Hendrick Chevrolet 22.879s + 0.091s
12. Dale Earnhardt Jr Hendrick Chevrolet 22.895s + 0.107s
13. Kurt Busch Furniture Row Chevrolet 22.922s + 0.134s
14. Juan Pablo Montoya Earnhardt Ganassi Chevrolet 22.972s + 0.184s
15. Clint Bowyer Waltrip Toyota 22.995s + 0.207s
16. Paul Menard Childress Chevrolet 23.051s + 0.263s
17. Casey Mears Germain Ford 23.052s + 0.264s
18. Carl Edwards Roush Fenway Ford 23.069s + 0.281s
19. Greg Biffle Roush Fenway Ford 23.084s + 0.296s
20. Jeff Gordon Hendrick Chevrolet 23.122s + 0.334s
21. Landon Cassill Circle Sport Chevrolet 23.160s + 0.372s
22. Tony Stewart Stewart-Haas Chevrolet 23.165s + 0.377s
23. Ricky Stenhouse Jr Roush Fenway Ford 23.19 s + 0.402s
24. Jimmie Johnson Hendrick Chevrolet 23.195s + 0.407s
25. Austin Dillon Phoenix Chevrolet 23.204s + 0.416s
26. Bobby Labonte JTG Daugherty Toyota 23.213s + 0.425s
27. David Reutimann BK Toyota 23.217s + 0.429s
28. David Gilliland Front Row Ford 23.230s + 0.442s
29. Jeff Burton Childress Chevrolet 23.274s + 0.486s
30. Marcos Ambrose Petty Ford 23.283s + 0.495s
31. Michael McDowell Parsons Ford 23.290s + 0.502s
32. Mike Bliss Humphrey Smith Toyota 23.301s + 0.513s
33. Aric Almirola Petty Ford 23.304s + 0.516s
34. David Stremme Swan Toyota 23.332s + 0.544s
35. David Ragan Front Row Ford 23.379s + 0.591s
36. Joe Nemechek NEMCO Toyota 23.432s + 0.644s
37. Dave Blaney Baldwin Chevrolet 23.444s + 0.656s
38. Travis Kvapil BK Toyota 23.454s + 0.666s
39. Danica Patrick Stewart-Haas Chevrolet 23.471s + 0.683s
40. JJ Yeley Baldwin Chevrolet 23.546s + 0.758s
41. Josh Wise Front Row Ford 23.629s + 0.841s
42. Timmy Hill FAS Lane Ford 23.855s + 1.067s
43. Scott Riggs Xxxtreme Ford 23.887s + 1.099s