Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

How will Verstappen re-adapt to F1 after Nurburgring adventure?

Formula 1
Canadian GP
How will Verstappen re-adapt to F1 after Nurburgring adventure?

Top 10 F1 drivers of the 1960s

Feature
Formula 1
Top 10 F1 drivers of the 1960s

How GM tech accelerated Cadillac's F1 entry

Formula 1
Canadian GP
How GM tech accelerated Cadillac's F1 entry

MotoGP chief defends officiating of Catalan GP

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP chief defends officiating of Catalan GP

The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

Feature
Formula 1
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

How Aprilia's Barcelona collapse showed the pressures of leading MotoGP's title race

Feature
MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
How Aprilia's Barcelona collapse showed the pressures of leading MotoGP's title race

Title-winning BTCC Peugeot and Harvey in an MG among Touring Car Rewind: North highlights

National
Title-winning BTCC Peugeot and Harvey in an MG among Touring Car Rewind: North highlights

MotoGP Barcelona test: Acosta fastest as rain curtails running early

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP Barcelona test: Acosta fastest as rain curtails running early

F1 Concorde Agreement weeks away despite positive Paris meeting

Concorde Agreement discussions between Formula 1 teams, the FIA and F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone look set to drag on for at least a few more weeks on the back of the latest meeting to try and reach a consensus

The FIA had said last month that it hoped to finalise a new deal , but that target now looks set to be missed.

However, following a get together between the teams, the FIA and Ecclestone in Paris on Monday, which had originally been scheduled for Tuesday, the governing body issued a statement saying that some progress on the matter had been made.

Having urged the teams to put forward issues on matters that concerned them - which are understood to include a hike in entry fees, cost control, and a new governance structure - the FIA stated it was upbeat about how the talks developed.

"All the participants in the meeting were encouraged to seek clarification which resulted in a fruitful and helpful debate on how the new structure would operate in 2013 and beyond," said a statement issued by the FIA.

"A further important step has been achieved today to secure the future of the F1 World Championship which should lead to a final settlement to be reached between the FIA, the Commercial Rights Holder and the Teams in the coming weeks."

The FIA and Ecclestone have been locked in discussions for several weeks about agreeing a path forward for the sport - with the governing body adamant that it not only retains control of F1 but also that it secures extra revenue from the sport.

In an interview with the Financial Times on Monday, FIA president Jean Todt had said: "The FIA is a non-profit organisation, but we need to run our organisation.

"We need to encourage the development of the sport; we need to encourage development of action for road safety.

"We cannot be a federation without having any revenue. So where do we find our revenues?"

Previous article Frijns wants to learn as much as possible in Abu Dhabi F1 test
Next article Indian GP: Force India preview quotes

Top Comments