Michael Schumacher made his sensational Formula 1 debut in the Belgian Grand Prix 20 years ago to the day.
AUTOSPORT's international correspondent of the time Adam Cooper, who knew Schumacher well from his time racing in the World Sportscar Championship and his one-off appearance in Japanese F3000, kept close tabs on the German's performance during that Spa weekend.
His interview, talking about Schumacher's rise to F1, his performance at Spa and his hopes for the future, in particular the chances of driving for a works Mercedes grand prix team, appeared in AUTOSPORT Magazine's 1991 Belgian Grand Prix report issue.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.